5 Tips for a Connecting with Your List
One of the most important things to keep in mind is that the money is in the list. Your list is one of the biggest assets of your business.
Many business owners put their newsletter or mailing list on the back-burner because it seems like too much work or not a high enough priority. There may be so many tasks that you want complete. However, unleashing the power of your list doesn't have to be a daunting task.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when nurturing your list:
1. Keep it simple. Forget about creating an "e zine" or magazine style publication. They’re too much work and only a small portion is likely to be read.
2. Stick to one topic at a time. Many of us feel we have to include several topics when emailing our list, thinking it will increase our chances of appealing to the reader. Again, that’s more time consuming and multi-topic emails create information overload. You're likely to get better results when you keep your reader focused on one subject per connection point.
3. Fewer and higher quality advertising. Offering paid advertising in your publications, creates the need for more content. Consider reducing the number of ads and charging a higher fee. Your advertisers will likely pay more for exclusive ad space.
4. Get help. Hire a ghostwriter or virtual assistant to research and produce content. They can be very cost effective. Then, you can focus on what you do best.
5. Make a schedule. Schedule your email marketing just as you schedule your blogs and other content publishing. Plan topics and product promotions ahead of time for more synergy across the board.
Connecting with your list by email can be straight forward and easy if you have a plan.